Here at Mainland, we have created a 6 Month National Certificate course. We run our course every 4 weeks with limited availability on each intake. Our course is done at night (after work hours) to extend the opportunity to people that may currently be employed but wish to get into the trucking industry.
You will obtain the following:
- National Certificate in Road Transport
- Class 2
- Class 4
- Class 5
- Dangerous Goods
- Forklift & OSH
- Wheels Tracks & Rollers
You will also complete a group of unit standards where you will learn about:
- Loading & unloading
- Truck dynamics
- Fuel Efficiency
- Route selection
- Heavy vehicle defensive driving
- The course is completed part-time over 28 weeks
- Courses are held after hours; in the evening or on Saturday’s
- This course starts every month- limited places
- Student Loans are available via Studylink. You must be a New Zealand Citizen
- You must obtain a class 2 learners licence prior to the start of your course. We hold free courses to help you obtain your class 2 learners- these are run every Friday & one Saturday per month
If you would like to apply for this course, please come and collect an enrolment pack from our office.
You must be willing to enter the Road Transport Industry and you must be able to drive a manual transmission.
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org or on (03) 338 4242